Join the Lakewood Playhouse Board of Directors!
Do you want to make a difference in your community? The Lakewood Playhouse is currently seeking dedicated and energetic people with the time, talent, connections, and commitment to nurture and expand our mission by serving on our Board of Directors.
Now celebrating our 75th Anniversary, the Lakewood Playhouse is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of civic and business leaders, activists, arts advocates, and enthusiastic individuals who share a passion for theatre and a commitment to enhancing the quality of life in Pierce County. In addition, the board is also dedicated to raising the profile of local theaters, encouraging the development of new talent, and in boosting the self-esteem of young people in our community through participation in our theatrical productions.
Our Board of Directors is an active and vibrant group of volunteers who recognize that creative hands-on leadership and solid energetic commitment is just as important as financial means and direct monetary support. Board member expectations and responsibilities include:
• Active communication and promotion of the work and productions of the Lakewood Playhouse to friends, family, business associates, and to the community at large
• Setting policies and strategic directions for the organization
• Attending and participating in regularly scheduled board meetings and board sponsored events
• Actively serving on board committees, attending scheduled committee meetings, researching subjects and issues as necessary, and carrying out assigned activities
• Contributing to the continuing success of the Playhouse by regularly raising funds, making connections, and opening doors on behalf of the organization
Board membership requires the purchase at least one season ticket to the Lakewood Playhouse or an equivalent financial contribution to the organization each year. Additional monetary contributions toward specific goals or in support of events will be requested throughout the year. Terms are for three years. To apply, send a letter of interest to:
Board of Directors
PO Box 99041
Lakewood, WA 98499
For more information, please contact us via e-mail at
Or call our box office at (253) 588-0042 and leave your name and contact information. We’ll get back to you right away.